By Kevin Deutsch
A vandal tried to steal the emergency strobe lights from a Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department vehicle last week, police records show.
The unidentified culprit broke the front grill tabs on the white, unmarked 2014 Ford Escape on Sept. 13, also causing damage to the car’s emergency LED lights and wiring, according to a Coral Springs Police incident report.
The car is city property and belongs to a firefighter with the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department, the report states.
The estimated cost of the damage was $750.
Officers photographed the damage and uploaded the images in evidence for the investigation, according to the report.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.05.19“A Growing Threat”: Rep. Deutch Applauds Passage of Resolution Condemning Rising Antisemitism
- News2022.05.16COVID Infection Totals Rising In Broward Schools
- Eat2022.05.14Coral Springs Restaurants Suffer Revenue Losses Amid Gas Outage
- News2022.05.13Coral Springs Crime Update: $472K Fraud Using False Pretense