By Kevin Deutsch
A vandal tried to steal the emergency strobe lights from a Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department vehicle last week, police records show.
The unidentified culprit broke the front grill tabs on the white, unmarked 2014 Ford Escape on Sept. 13, also causing damage to the car’s emergency LED lights and wiring, according to a Coral Springs Police incident report.
The car is city property and belongs to a firefighter with the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department, the report states.
The estimated cost of the damage was $750.
Officers photographed the damage and uploaded the images in evidence for the investigation, according to the report.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2021.11.28Coral Springs Police Arrest Driver With 22 License Suspensions
- News2021.11.26Coral Springs Crime Update: Extortion and Battery on a School Employee
- Crime & Safety2021.11.24Man Threatened His Mother, Deputy Police Chief and Detective With Gun During Armed Standoff
- News2021.11.20Coral Springs Crime Update: $48K Fraud and Shooting Into Building