By: Matt Rothman
With the end of the regular season approaching, three local high school wrestling teams competed in the BCAA Championship on Saturday.
The Coral Springs Charter wrestling team dominated this weekend in the BCAA Championship, having multiple winners for only the second time in school history. This was only the second time a Middle Schooler won as Peter Mocco joined his brother, Michael Mocco, with a first-place finish.
Preston Lindsay also competed against three state qualifiers and won a championship. Seventh Grader Asher Daly also placed eighth.
“It was a great weekend for Coral Springs Charter wrestling, and it’s great to be a Panther,” Head Coach Eric Perez said.
Coral Springs High School’s best result came from Shai Keery, who placed third. Chase Martin was fourth, Jaylan Brown was fifth, and J’Vier Romeus was sixth. Alex Haley, Jr. and Deion Macon also wrestled well and ranked eighth.
J.P. Taravella had three wrestlers place, with Jacob Rosen coming in fourth while Abraham Ballesteros placed fifth, and Tariq Qaiyim came in sixth.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland