By Sharon Aron Baron
After learning hospitals needed convalescent plasma from patients recovering from COVID-19, the City of Coral Springs expanded their partnership with One Blood to add plasma donations to their monthly blood drive.
On Friday, September 25, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., they will host a blood and plasma drive in partnership with OneBlood, located at 9551 West Sample Road.
All donors will receive a FREE wellness checkup, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count, cholesterol screening, and a COVID-19 antibody test.
“We are fortunate to see a downward trend in COVID-19 cases in Florida. However, there still are patients battling this virus and in need of convalescent plasma,” said City Manager Frank Babinec. “These donations, along with replenishing our blood supply, are important to our medical providers and their patients.”
The City of Coral Springs continues its commitment to protecting residents’ health and well-being as they navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Frequent testing, practicing good personal hygiene, and mask-wearing are steps we must take to prevent community spread.
The antibody test is authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It will indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether they ever showed symptoms. Donors will see their results in approximately 48-96 hours after donating by logging into their donor portal at www.oneblood.org.
Donors must be 16 or older and weigh at least 110 pounds. Photo ID and face coverings are required. To make an appointment, click here or call 954-655-3900.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee