By: Matt Rothman
Two Coral Glades football players are participating in one final All-Star Game.
Rodney Stone is set to compete in the Inaugural Battle of the Beach. He plays for Broward County in their matchup against the top players from Palm Beach.
Joell Holmes plays in the American Classic Game, a high school all-star game in Orlando at Camping World Stadium to showcase top seniors from around the country to college scouts.
Both players are a part of the varsity football team that reached the State Playoffs for the first time in school history. Coral Glades went 6-3 and had victories over Coral Springs High School, J.P. Taravella, Flanagan, West Broward, Cypress Bay, and Coral Springs Charter.
Stone played one year with Jaguars and recorded 25 tackles, one interception, and a forced fumble. Holmes recorded 19 catches for 301 yards and four touchdowns in his career.
“It means a lot to have any sort of opportunity to keep playing football even after the season’s done, so it means a lot to me, and this definitely is a game I look forward to,” Holmes said.
Both players are likely to compete after they graduate, becoming two of the next great football stars in college.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Basketball Host Senior Night