By Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades girl’s lacrosse team was only in their first season but took tremendous strides before it was cut short due to COVID-19.
The team played five games, and despite not winning any, Head Coach Ashley Speerin could not be more proud of what her team accomplished.
“With each game that we had, we continued to gain confidence and score more goals and play some serious defense. I think our team has a bright future for the years to come,” said Coach Speerin.
After attending Coral Springs Charter School, senior Briana Bennett played for Coral Glades and is responsible for scoring the first goal in school history.
Despite the team losing, Bennett scored the only goal in their game against West Broward High School. Before her varsity career, she played lacrosse and was a leader for the team.
She is planning to attend the University of Florida in the fall and major in music and physical therapy.
The rest of the Coral Glades girl’s lacrosse team feels like a year of experience will significantly help them. They have many players coming back and feel like they can win games in 2021.
Coach Speerin said, “The girls were extremely excited about where we’ve come and can’t wait to get back out there.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator