By: Matt Rothman
A pair of local football teams faced off against each other on Friday, with Coral Springs Charter picking up a 50-32 win over J.P. Taravella.
This was also the first win of the season for the Panthers, who are now 1-4 on the season.
“That was 48 minutes of grit,” Head Coach Chris Haire said. “That was our motto this week, and that’s what we got from our team.”
He added that he was proud of the players and the coaches for a great team win and hopes to continue to build off of it with a great week of practice heading into next week.
Jordan Woods recorded three rushing touchdowns, while Kevaun Hickinson, Anthony Lowe, and Will Price all had one, with Hickinson rushing for 127 yards to lead the team. Cayman Maragh tossed a touchdown pass to Carter Hayden.
Coral Springs Charter will play Northeast High School in their next game on Thursday, October 5, at 7 p.m. The Hurricanes are 1-4 this year, with their only win coming against Pompano Beach High School in Week 2, but lost 60-27 in their meeting in 2022.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year