By: Matt Rothman
Week two of the high school football season is complete, with four teams taking the field.
The Panthers played well defensively, with Michael Strider returning an interception for a touchdown. Jordan Richardson also forced a fumble in the first quarter. Kevauun Dickinson recorded a 56-yard touchdown run as well. CSC will return home for their game on Friday, September 8, against Ransom Everglades School at 7 p.m. The Panthers will look to avoid going 0-3, which they have not done since 2007.
The Jaguars will have just six days off before returning to the field against Miramar High School on Thursday, September 7 at 7 p.m. The Patriots lost 20-14 in their first game but went 8-2 last year, including a 47-0 win over Coral Glades.
Eddie Brown made his debut as head coach for the Coral Springs High School football team on Friday against Piper High School. The Colts also faced a familiar coach as they went against Quentin Short, who was previously at Marjory Stoneman Douglas before stepping down this year.
CSHS, though fell 38-0 and have started the season 0-1 for the fourth straight season. They will play Hollywood Hills High School in their next game on Thursday, September 7, at 4 p.m. The Spartans lost 20-7 in their first game and also fell to the Colts 10-6 in the two teams only meeting last year.
J.P. Taravella also struggled, losing to South Plantation High School 25-6 on Friday. They will play Pompano Beach High School in their next game on Friday, September 8, at 7 p.m. The Trojans had their only win last year came against the Golden Tornadoes.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Register Now for the Saint Andrew Catholic Parish 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race