By: Matt Rothman
Head Coach Leonard Weaver led Coral Springs High School to a historic season in his first year but in a stunning move, announced his resignation on Thursday.
In what was a tough year with COVID-19, Coach Weaver, a former NFL Pro Bowler, was proud of what his team accomplished but felt it was in his best interest to move on.
“We had talent and ability and were in the process of building it,” said Coach Weaver. “I think, for the most part, I was able to accomplish what I wanted as a coach and for our staff.”
However, Coach Weaver wants to continue coaching football and is currently finding a new school — and a new team to coach.
For Brandon Wesley, Athletic Director at Coral Springs High School, they will have to find a new coach, but he is extremely confident he can find the right guy.
“It’s unfortunate to have a coach leave two weeks before the start of the spring season, but we appreciate everything he did for us,” Wesley said. “Now our attention is trying to find the next coach to help lead this program, and I’m confident I can do that.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship
- News2022.05.15A.J. Prendergast Wraps Up Historic High School Career with Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.14Former Coral Springs Charter Football Player Calvin Jackson Jr Signs 1st Professional Contract