By Ryan Yousefi
A woman was arrested and charged with domestic battery and obstructing an officer after assaulting her child’s father.
On October 16, Coral Springs Police received a call about an alleged domestic dispute at the 10,000 block of 41st Drive.
According to the report, officers met with the victim, who told them the mother of his child, Leticia Garcia-Martinez, 31, of Pompano Beach, had unexpectedly entered the home through an unlocked door. When he asked her to leave, they began to argue, and she struck him in the face. He told officers she also grabbed his shirt and pushed him repeatedly.
Rather than leaving as requested by the victim numerous times, Garcia-Martinez locked herself inside of a bedroom. However, officers were able to access the room and found her sitting on the bed.
The report stated officers attempted to interview her, but she was extremely irate and allegedly under the influence of alcohol.
After officers made numerous requests for her to exit the bedroom, she continually refused. After repeated attempts to solve the matter peacefully, officers forcefully removed her from the home without incident.
Once Garcia-Martinez was removed from the residence, she refused to provide officers with her name and date of birth to positively identify her.
During this time, the victim also decided he no longer wanted to cooperate and refused to give a sworn statement on what had led to the domestic assault call.
Due to obvious signs of a physical altercation, Garcia-Martinez was placed under arrest and charged with domestic battery and obstructing an officer. She was later transported to the Broward County Main Jail for booking.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2020.11.27Coral Springs Man Arrested For Sexually Assaulting Homeless Woman
- News2020.11.27Coral Springs Covid-19 Cases Continue to Rise Through November 26
- News2020.11.25Coral Springs Covid-19 Case Update through November 24
- News2020.11.25Man Arrested For Domestic Violence; Firing Gun into Coral Springs Residence