By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Coral Springs Talk continues providing updates from the Florida Department of Health.
On January 6, there were 193,251 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida. Of the test administered, 25,405 returned positive. Of the positive cases, a record 19,473 were new cases. Just over ten percent of all the tests administered in Florida yesterday were connected to people learning for the first time that they have COVID-19.
There were 7,835 positive COVID-19 cases in the City of Coral Springs — an increase of 286 positive cases since we last updated readers on January 4. Coral Springs is dangerously close to surpassing Panama City and Miami Gardens in terms of total positive cases recorded since the beginning of the pandemic.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 1,429,722 positive COVID-19 cases to date. Florida is one of only a handful of states in the U.S. to have recorded over 1 million COVID-19 cases, with only California and Texas registering the most cases in the country.
The average age to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on January 6 was 40-years-old. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 22,481 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19 and a total of 64,709 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 32,048
Pompano Beach 14,679
Coral Springs 7,835
Deerfield Beach 4,170
Coconut Creek 3,396
Pembroke Pines 2,641
North Lauderdale 2,340
Oakland Park 1,988
Cooper City 1,508
Wilton Manors 655
Lauderdale Lakes 611
Southwest Ranches 479
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & Safety2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.03.26COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26: Coral Springs Crosses 12,000 Case Threshold
- News2021.03.24Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24
- News2021.03.22Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 22