By: Matt Rothman
After an exciting season of volleyball in Coral Springs, eight players from high schools in Coral Springs were selected for the Broward County Athletic Association All-Star Game.
The North team ended up falling 24-26, 25-17, 27-25, 25-19 in the match at Coral Springs High School.
Coral Springs High School
Led by coaches Frank Bumbales and Rayanna Richard from Coral Springs High School, Alvin Vo, and Daniel Beningo competed for the Colts.
Vo played four seasons on the varsity team and recorded 172 digs, and 340 serve receptions. He also had 16 aces, while Beningo had 79 kills in 76 sets this year. CSHS finished the season with a record of 15-6.
Coral Springs Charter
Brian Rubino and Aiden Taljallo were selected from Coral Springs Charter. The Panthers started the season out slow but went on to win four of their final eight matches, including a five-set win against Monarch High School.
Coral Glades sent Ricardo Martin and Mack Strong to the All-Star Game. Martin led the team in kills this season, while Strong was a standout defensively at the net. Coral Glades went 10-7 in the regular season before they fell to Cardinal Gibbons in the District Playoffs.
A big part of the J.P. Taravella’s volleyball District Championship was seniors Vance Reuther and Jaden Mahdeo. The Trojans played only road games this year due to damage to their home court and finished the 8-5 with wins against Pine Crest and Coral Glades.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.06.29Coral Glades Baseball Helps Out Travel Team at Summer Camp
- News2022.06.29J.P. Taravella’s Derek Rodriguez Commits to Play College Baseball in Miami
- News2022.06.263 Coral Glades Football Players Set to Play at Same College
- News2022.06.222 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Shine at Nationals